Many people dream to live the American dream, but you need to know how to get a Green Card in the U.S. for Indians. Many Indians aspire to get permanent residency in the U.S., but they think it is complicated. Zolve gives you three easy ways to get a green card in the U.S. for Indian citizens.
- Education and Academic Excellence: The most common step to get a green card is to enroll in a university in the U.S. for your bachelor's or master's degree. Once you complete your education, depending on your university, you receive a work permit for one year called Optimal Practical Training (OPT). After that, you need to ask your employer to apply for the H1B Visa on your behalf. Getting the H1B visa is the first step towards your permanent visa in the U.S. You will need to apply for the labor certification from the department of labor, proving that there are no American workers available for the said job. After that, you can apply for the United States of America permanent resident card and enjoy your stay in the U.S. It might be time-consuming difficult for some, but it is the most economical and efficient way of establishing your connection to the U.S. without any heavy financial burden or family in the U.S.
2. Work Opportunities: As explained earlier, you can apply for the H1B work visa and get a green card through the labor certificate. Another step to get a green card is to apply for the EB-3 work visa.
If you are looking for a way to get a resident visa in the U.S., you must apply for the H1B visa. In this, your professional work can be in the fields of:
- Accountants and Auditors
- Investment Banking and Securities Dealing
- Graphic Designers and Artists
- Sales and Distribution Managers
- Systems Analysts and Programmers
This route is challenging, but it will undoubtedly make you financially strong. As most of the H1B permanent visas in the U.S. are provided by the lottery system, a limited number of H1B visas are provided to the employees.
Another method of getting a green card in the U.S. for Indian citizens is the EB2 visa. This visa is much simpler as compared to the H1B visa. However, this depends on your solo skill sets as it does not require your employer to participate in the whole process. For the EB3 Visa, you will need to have the following:
- Strong education qualification
- Extra-curricular activities
- Meet the eligibility criteria of the national interest waiver criteria
These categories are a must to complete and your final step to get the United States of America permanent resident card
3. Intercompany transfer- Intercompany or intra corporate transfers are a great way to get permanent residency in the U.S. Depending on the multi-national company, qualifications, executive capacity, and skillset in the U.S., you might be allowed a permanent visa there. It mainly depends on the type of company you are hired in and the followed culture. Since there is no labor certificate required, many Indians follow this step to get a green card and live in the U.S.
There you have it, 3 of the most effective and easy ways to get a green card in the U.S. for Indian citizens.